Sunday, November 17, 2013

Monday Muses: Favorite Children's Book

           Ever since I was a baby I watched Sesame Street. I don't know why but I just loved it! Even when the towers went down, I was watching Elmo. Apparently I started freaking out because the channel went dead from the crash. So my favorite book was “The Monster at the End of this Book”. Even now reading it is so cute. Its really creative how Grover is just the monster but he keeps trying to stop you by “putting up” all these brick walls, ropes, and planks of wood to try and stop you. It keeps you reading. The graphics and colors in the book are great too. There are big word bubbles when Grover is shouting, and shadows in the book as if it were right there, 3-D. It was like when you would imagine going into the TV or the book you were reading. And for some weird reason my favorite part of the book was on the cover. It's a company called “Jellybean Books Just for PRESCHOOLERS” and their logo is jellybeans. So every time I would try finding the book on my bookshelf I would look for the jellybeans and to this day when I look for a book on my shelf, those jellybeans always catch my eye. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I love Sesame Street too! I watched the TV and read the books when I was little too! Grover was one of my favorite characters. I thought it was cool how you talked about both the TV show and a book who includes one of the Sesame Street characters!

    ReplyDelete